WinCAT is PC Windows software for the analysis of hanging cable systems – such as offshore moorings, umbilicals and flexible risers.
WinCAT is very powerful but is also easy to use. Running on Windows, WinCAT brings sophisticated and complex catenary analysis to the desktop of any offshore practitioner who needs to get the job done fast.
Easy to use, accurate and reliable in operation, WinCAT is ready to perform both onshore and offshore indesign analysis, installation studies, anchor laying, rig moves, sub-sea operations and many, many more applications.
Features of WinCAT :
- Easy set-up with user friendly data input screens
- Multiple line sections with different properties for each
- Support buoys positioned at any points along the line
- Workboat option to handle line installation and laying
- Sloping seabed and ground friction can be modelled
- In-built database of line properties (chain, wire, etc.)
- User additions to database for lines, buoys, anchors etc.
- Switchable units (Metric & Imperial) for input and results
- Comprehensive results presented in tabular format
- Graphic catenary plots with multiple cases per plot
- Interaction with plots for line details and measurements
WinCAT is a new generation analysis tool designed to put capability into the hands of those responsible for making planning and operational decisions as well as engineers, designers and specialists.