The Control Edit Screen: Creating and Editing Permit Questions
Admin > Questions > New Control
This opens the Control Edit Screen. In this screen, Administrators can:
- Create/change questions
- Create/change tool tips
- Assign questions to panels
- Make a question mandatory before a permit can be saved
- Make a question mandatory before a permit can be issued or validated
- Show or hide a question on the Permit Create screen.
When creating new questions, the Control Type (i.e. type of answer) is selected from a dropdown menu. When editing existing questions, the Control Type menu is greyed out.
The Control type cannot be changed once a question has been created. Control Types include:
- Check Box
- Drop Down List
- Dropdown Yes/No
- Isolations Link
- Multi Line Text Box
- Multi Select Box
- Single Line Text Box
Creating New Permit Questions
Admin > Questions
- Ensure you have the correct version selected at the top of the Panels and Controls Screen.
- Click ‘New Control’ (i.e. question) at the right side of a Panel heading.
- The Control Edit Screen opens (below). Complete the fields:
- Control Name: the question
- Tool Tip: some additional information that displays when the mouse hovers over the question.
- Panel Name Dropdown: the name of the panel where the question will belong to.
- ‘Required’ tick box: tick to make the question mandatory before a new permit can be saved.
- ‘Required Before Sign-Off’ tick box: tick to make the question mandatory before the new permit can be issued or validated (if this workflow is applicable). It will be possible to save the new permit with this question left blank.
- ‘Visible’ tick box: tick to make the question visible on screen. Untick to hide the question.
- Select a Control Type from the Dropdown List. This is the type of answer that will be available for this question on the permit creation screen.
- Click ‘Save’ OR click the ‘Back to List’ button to discard your changes and return to the Panels and Controls Screen.
Creating Answer Drop Down Lists
Create a new permit question and select ‘Drop Down List’ as the Control Type, as described above.
The new question is created and has a ‘Create New Option’ button underneath it.
- Click the ‘Create New Option’ button. The Dropdown Option Edit Screen opens.
- Enter the Title (question) and Description (Tool Tip).
- Select the Stop Sign Setting if you want to stop the permit from being issued if this option is selected (e.g. if no fire watchers are available, do allow issue of a Hot Work permit).
- Enter a colour value in the Colour box to colour the background of this option.
Click the ‘Save’ button to create this dropdown menu option OR click the ‘Save & Make Default’ button to create the option and make it the default answer on the permit creation form, OR click the ‘Back to List’ Button to exit the screen without saving.
- Repeat steps 1 – 5 until all dropdown options have been created.