All wording on all screens (e.g. headings, buttons, labels and user hints) can be customised by an Administrator to reflect a company’s own terminology.
The Terminology Screens
There are two places in the PTW system where on-screen wording can be defined and edited:
- Terminology – Version Items Screen: For terminology on the Permit Issue and Permit Hand-back Screens. Applies to the selected version only. Admin > Permit Questions > Terminology
- Terminology – General Items Screen: For terminology on all other screens. This will apply to all versions. Admin > Terminology.
Both options open a Terminology Screen. From here, Administrators can edit the Permit Terminology. Both Terminology Screens have the same headings, and the general principle applies to both:
- The Default Text is used if nothing else has been specified – this cannot be changed.
- The Display Text is used instead of the default text if it has been set – this can be done by the Administrator.
- The User Hint is text that is displayed when a user hovers the mouse over a field in the PTW application – again, this can be changed by the Administrator.
- The Code is a reference used by Pisys System Developers – this cannot be changed. It is an abbreviation of the screen/location of that term. It is useful for Administrators when matching wording on PTW screens to the terminology items in this list.
The screenshots below show an example of each Terminology Screen, with custom terminology defined:
Editing the Wording on all PTW screens EXCEPT the Permit Issue and Hand-back Screens
Admin > Terminology
- In the Terminology Screen, click the ‘Edit’ button next to the wording you wish to change. The Terminology Edit Screen (shown in Figure 35 – The Terminology Edit Screen accessed from Admin > Terminology) opens.
- Change Display Text and User Hint.
- Click the ‘Save’ button to save OR:
select ‘Back to List’ to discard the changes and return to the Terminology List.
It is not possible to change the Code, Module Name and Default Text.
Editing the Wording on the Permit Issue and Hand-Back screens for a Specific Version
- Select Admin > Permit Questions – this opens the Panels and Controls Screen shown below.
- Select the Version you want to change from the dropdown (see below) and click the ‘Terminology’ button. Any changes you make will apply to this version only.
The Terminology Screen is displayed.
- In the Terminology Screen, click the ‘Edit’ button next to the item you wish to change. The Terminology Edit Screen is displayed (see below)
- In the Terminology Edit Screen, double-check that you are editing the correct version/question set, as highlighted in the screenshot below.
- In the Terminology Edit Screen, make changes to Display Text and User Hint.
- Click the ‘Save’ button to save OR select ‘Back to List’ to discard your changes and return to the Terminology List.
It is not possible to change the Code, Module Name, Version and Default Text.