As we know already ATMS™ (Action Tracking Management System) is an action tracker database used by clients worldwide to track and manage projects. The basic principle behind ATMS™ is that an individual creates an action and assigns it to someone who does some work with it before indicating that it is complete.
The figure below shows the main action screen. This screen lists all available actions in ATMS™ that the signed in user has access to see. The Main Actions Screen is displayed first as most users will spend most of their time interacting with it.
As you can see there are many different colours showing on the Main Actions Screen.
There is a reason for that. Each action when created can have a variety of controls associated with it.
Each one of those controls is configurable to a user's specification including text and appearance (colours). We will explore Controls in detail in another section but for now we can say that most of the colours shown above (e.g. Yellow and Green and Red coloured lines corresponding to Priority) come from a user's control input.
There are however specific system created colours that define the status of an Action. They are:
- Black background with White font for Actions that are Closed & Archived
- Light Grey background with Black font for Actions that are Closed
- Light Grey background with Black font for Actions that are Cancelled
- Dark Grey background with Black font for Actions that are On Hold
- White background with Light Grey Italics font for Actions that are in Draft Mode.