Permits can be handed back on a desktop computer, or at the worksite using a smartphone/tablet, and signatures are added at this point, if enabled.
If necessary, a follow-up permit can be created, e.g. if the permit has reached the end of its validity period and the work is not complete.
The person performing the work and the person approving the hand back must be present at hand back.
Instructions below are for the Company Rep / Permit Hand back Approver.
Handing Back and Closing a Permit
- Open the Permit you wish to hand back:
- On the Home Screen, Permit List or Permit Board Screen, click the ‘View’ button next to the permit entry, OR:
- On the Permit Board, click the hand back icon on the permit, OR:
- On the Plot Plan, click on the Permit dot and select ‘View’ in the popup box.
The Permit Details Screen opens.
- Click the ‘Hand Back Permit’ Button at the bottom of the screen.
The Permit Authorisation – Hand back screen opens.
- Complete the information in the Hand Back Box, and tick to indicate that the job is complete or that no work was done.
- Ask the person who performed the work to sign the ‘Contractor’ box. Sign the ‘Company Rep’ box yourself. Print names.
- To send an automatic email notification on hand back, tick the ‘performed by’ or ‘issuer’ boxes to send the notification to the person selected in ‘Task Performed By’ and yourself, and add additional email addresses into the text box.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click the ‘Hand Back Permit’ button to hand back and close the permit, OR:
Click the ‘Return’ button to return to the Permit Details Screen without handing back and closing the permit.
- Closed permits are removed completely from the Home Screen, the Permit Board Screen, the Plot Plan and the Google Map View.
They are still available from the Permit List Screen.
Handing Back a Permit and Creating a Follow-Up Permit
Use the ‘Handback & Create Follow Up’ Workflow if:
- a permit has reached the end of validity period, but work is not complete, or
- if changes are required to a permit after issued.
This closes the current permit and creates an editable copy of the permit, which can be approved and issued as described above.
To ‘Hand back and Create a Follow-Up’, follow steps 1 – 6 above, then click the ‘Hand Back & Create Follow Up’ button.
The original permit is now closed, and removed completely from the Home Screen, the Permit Board Screen, the Plot Plan and the Google Map View. It can still be accessed from the Permit List Screen.
The Follow-Up Permit is now displayed on the Permit List Screen with the Status ‘Created’, and on the Home screen
- under the ‘Permits Created’ Heading if the Approve/Reject workflow is enabled, OR
- under the ‘Pending Issue’ Heading if the Approve/Reject workflow is disabled, OR
- under the ‘Awaiting Area Approvals’ Heading if an Area Manager has been designated for the work area.
To navigate between the original permit and the follow-up permit, use the buttons at the bottom of the respective screens: