This large technical and engineering company supplies specialist solutions to the energy sector, covering all lifecycle stages of an asset from concept to de-commissioning.
Regular audits onshore and offshore are carried out by the company’s audit team, across all projects in various locations across the world.
Audit action tracking is managed using legacy software.
THE NEED FOR AUDIT ACTION TRACKING
The company had a legacy audit system which was no longer fit for purpose:
Using the system was time consuming and did not fit the company’s audit process – the lead QHSE Auditor spent ~2 days/week on working around the system, instead of the system assisting him.
There was little or no overview of audit findings and the status of individual audit actions in a central location
Communication with offshore teams and teams in
different countries was difficult, as the old system was not easily accessible from all locations.
A better system had to be found to:
- Allow management teams from across the world to easily access audit findings and timescales for completing resulting actions
- Allow the lead auditor to work with a system that worked for him
- Allow access to audit information remotely from anywhere.
- Introduction of Pisys Action Tracking System to share audit findings and learnings, and to create and track actions from audits all the way to closure.
- Facilitation of the roll-out by Pisys – which included training and help with the initial configuration of audit forms in the Action Tracker.
'The system was up and running within 1 day - configuration was just so simple'
Time saving of ~ 10 hrs/week for the Lead QHSE
Auditor: instead of working around the old legacy system, the Lead QHSE Auditor
can now spend these 10 hours more productively and focus on what is important.
Confidence that all audit findings and actions
are captured immediately.
Faster, more complete resolution of audit
findings: actions are captured quickly, assigned to relevant personnel easily,
and communicated automatically. Everyone involved knows what findings they need
to address, collaboration is easier, and work can commence immediately.
The assurance that teams are addressing and
closing out audit actions within given timescales.
An overview of audit results and status of
actions from anywhere. Access is easy, and all information is kept in on place,
accessible from anywhere.
Better communication with remote teams, as all
have access to the same information:
The action tracker is cloud-hosted, and all information can be accessed
from anywhere in the world.