If the Approve/Reject workflow is enabled, an additional ‘Approval’ step is necessary before a permit can be issued.
The Approve / Reject Permit Screen
The Approve/Reject Screen is opened by clicking the ‘Approve/Reject’ button at the bottom of a permit, when the permit is open.
The ‘Approve Permit’ and ‘Reject Permit’ tabs at the top allow users to select which option they want – the screen will be slightly different depending on what tab is selected:
Approving Permits before Issue
Select the ‘Approve’ tab at the top of the screen, add a description and email recipients, re-enter your password and click the ‘Approve Permit’ button, or click the ‘Return’ button to return to the Permit Details screen without approving the permit.
The approved permit is now awaiting issue (or a further approval step) and can be found:
- on the Home screen under the ‘Pending Issue’ Heading if the Approve/Reject workflow is disabled, OR
under the ‘Awaiting Area Approvals’ Heading if an Area Manager has been designated for the selected work area.
- on the Permit List Screen with the Status ‘Approved’
Rejecting Permits for Re-Work
- Select the ‘Reject’ tab at the top of the screen.
- Select a reject reason from the drop-down list and add a description of why the permit was rejected. Do not tick the ‘Close Permit’ button.
- Add email recipient(s) if required.
- Re-enter your password and click the ‘Reject Permit’ button, OR
click the ‘Return’ button to return to the Permit Details screen without approving the permit.
The permit is approved and requires re-work. It can be found:
- on the Home screen under the ‘Created’ Heading, OR
- on the Permit List Screen with the Status ‘Not Approved’.
Rejecting and Closing Permits
Proceed as described above (rejecting permits for re-work) but tick the ‘Close Permit’ option in Step 2. The Permit has been closed. It can be opened from the Permit List Screen.